Sun’s out, tomatoes out! That’s right, sun-dried tomatoes! What better way to kick up your culinary cuisine than by using the very elevated and fancy sun-dried tomato?! This ingredient that is so rich in flavour and simply lights up your taste buds at every bite, it needs to be recognized in every Fit Girl’s kitchen. Now, how to use this simple ingredient in ways that aren’t boring? Wait no more! We have made a selection of our favorite sun-dried tomato recipes. Read on and cook on!
1. Goat cheese spinach & sun-dried tomato quiche
Source: Sally’s baking addiction
A quiche! What a brilliant idea, right?! Ever made some homemade quiche? It definitely isn’t something you make every day (I think). So, get going right away and make this lovely sun-dried tomato quich recipe.
Ingredients (9-inch quiche):
- Pie crust
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 packed cups fresh spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 4 Oz goat cheese, crumbled or chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
If you’re interested in making this quiche click here!
2. Creamy sun-dried tomato garlic shrimp
Source: the food cafe
Those shrimps look godly! And look at that sauce!! mmmm.. SO CREAMY! There is nothing holding you back from making this beautiful and healthy sun-dried tomato dish. Grab your pan, grab your apron! Let’s get crackalackin’ on this one.
Ingredients (5-6 servings):
- 2 pounds peeled, deveined large shrimp (tail on or off)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 8.5 oz jar sun-dried tomatoes.
- 3 tbspgarlic
- 1/2 cup diced white onions
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1-1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Basil for garnishing (optional)
Convinced yet? Make this delicious recipe by following the full directions!
3. Sun-dried tomato chicken & gnocchi
Source: Eat yourself skinny
Gnocchi is the underdog of carbs. Often forgotten due to the amazingness of pasta… However it should never be underestimated! Get cooking and gnocch your gnocchi out of the park! (#punsarefun)
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 12 oz. gluten-free gnocchi
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup half and half (or heavy cream)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (or any other cooked chicken)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup freshly grated cheese
In the mood for some gnocchi? Make it sun-dried tomato style and follow the full recipe step-by-step!
4. Sun-dried tomato lemon chicken salad in pita
I couldn’t possibly have completed this recipe list without adding in my favorite: PITA! I had never thought to put sun-dried tomato in a pita but it makes so much sense.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 cups Chicken, pre-cooked and shredded
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Juice of two lemons and zest
- 1/4 cup Parsley
- 1/4 cup Sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tsp Capers
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 Pita bread
Tempted by this sun-dried tomato pita? Make it with your friends and follow the full recipe!
Are you as much a fun of sun-dried tomato as I am? Enjoy the good weather and relaxation with one of the beautiful recipes. Tell us how the cooking went in the comments and don’t be afraid to mention your own favorite sun-dried tomato recipes!
Photo credits (Header): Foodie crush
Is pita your favorite food as well? Check out these healthy pita recipes >
In need of some more foodspiration? Our Happy Healthy Guide has a 12-week food schedule >
Leave a Comment