Whether you’re a life-long meat eater, or you’ve been eating vegetarian for the past few years, some burgers are simply made for everyone! I have been going through my foody bucket list and I’ve added 4 of the following vegetarian burgers to my list. Burgers in general are amazing, so if they’re healthy as well?! There will be no more stopping me! Which of these burgers is going to end up on your dinner table soon?
1. Easy Grillable Veggie Burgers
This veggie burger made from mainly black beans and rice is bound to blow your mind! If you’re looking to enjoy a healthy burger that’s fun to cook together with your friends, then search no more. We have found the perfect delight for you to make in your kitchen.
- 1 cup (155 g) cooked brown rice
- 1 cup (120 g) raw walnuts
- 1/2 Tbsp grape seed
- 1/2 white onion (~55 g | 3/4 cup), finely diced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder, cumin powder, and smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt and black pepper, plus more for coating burgers
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, well rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3-4 Tbsp vegan BBQ sauce
Are you ready to prep this bad boy? Follow the full recipe now.
2. Falafel burger
Falafel in pita bread, falafel in wraps, and now falafel in burgers. We simply cannot get enough of falafel!
- 250g chickpeas from a can
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- small pack flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 rounded tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g hummus
- 4 burger buns, cut in half
- watercress, to serve
BBCgoodfood masters the recipe for a perfect falafel burger.
3. Roasted Zucchini burgers with garlic whipped feta
You’ve got veggie burgers that are vegetarian but taste like meat, and then you’ve got veggie burgers that are literally vegetable burgers. This is truly a vegetable burger! With zucchini as the main ingredient, this burger will get you your nutrients without even thinking about it.
- 3 medium zucchini cut into 2 inch chunks
- 3 medium yellow summer squash cut into 2 inch chunks
- 4 cloves garlic left whole (1 clove for the burger and 3 for the whipped feta)
- olive oil for drizzling
- kosher salt + pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper more or less to your taste
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 4 hamburger buns toasted
- lettuce tomatoes and or sliced avocado, for serving
The special, seculant sauce made from whipped feta is also home-made. Follow this burger’s full recipe now through halfbakedharvest.
4. Caramelized onion veggie burgers
To finish off this list of veggie burgers, a title that includes “caramelized onion” could never go wrong, right?! Let’s take a look…
- 1 large Garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 pound Cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tbsp fresh Thyme-leaves
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 1 large Onion, chopped (3 cups)
- 1 cup Canned Lentils, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup Whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 large Egg, whisked
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Yellow cornmeal
- 2 ounces Goat cheese, crumbled
- 6 Whole-grain buns
- 8 Tomato slices
- Fresh basil leaves
Interested in making this little veggie-fella? Health has formed the perfect recipe.
I can’t wait to go make these not-so-guilty pleasures! Here you have the scientific proof that burgers can be healthy and that they can be included in a Fit Girl’s diet. Have you ever tried a vegetarian burger? Tell me in the comments!
Photo credits (Header): Gabrielle Cepella, via Unsplash.
Are you looking for more healthy alternatives of the world’s classic fast foods? Check out how to make 4 types of healthy pitas >
Leave a Comment