Since I’ve changed my entire lifestyle, I’ve made the decision to skip all the refined carbs. This means that I do not longer eat white bread, rice and pasta for example. Nowadays I eat whole grain rice, oats or quinoa instead. (these products are way better for your digestive system).
Whole grain rice or quinoa are often associated as savoury dishes that includes vegetables, spices and chicken. I really crave sugar sometimes (not really a good thing if you’ve made the decision to eat sugar free ;)) so therefore I rather use quinoa for sweet dishes. Today I’ll share with you guys: my favourite breakfast/lunch, bounty quinoa.. it’s so yummie!
I always make 3 portions so that I can also enjoy it for the next 2 days. You’ll only have to warm it up in a steel pan or microwave with a little bit of water.
Recipe for 2 portions
- ½ cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- 2 tbsp rasped coconut or coconut milk
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- add a little bit of stevia to make it sweeter. Make sure you have the right stevia and not one from an ordinary supermarket. You can buy this at natural health food stores. It’s also possible to use 1 tbsp of honey instead.
- Optional: You can also choose to cook the quinoa in skinny milk or unsweetened almond milk instead of water. This makes it more taseful.
How you do it:
- Cook the quinoa in water for 15 minutes.
- Put the cacao and the grated coconut or coconutmilk in a bowl and stir everything until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add 1 tbsp of flaxseed and a couple drops of stevia or honey.
- Remove half of the quinoa from the pan, put it on a plate and top with shredded coconut. You can use the other half of the mixture for next two days.
Enjoy this delicious dish!
Leave a Comment