This is a very easy way to get all the vegetables you need 😉 Personally, I love to throw in vegetables in a cake because you often don’t taste any of it and it is super healthy! This cake contains vegetables, fruit and chocolate, what more does someone want?
Recipe: Chocolate cake with pumpkin
- 10½ ounces pumpkin
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 ounce dark chocolate
- 3/8 cup coconut (shredded)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2½ tablespoons stevia sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Toppings: almonds & coconut
- Cook the pumpkin and blend it until it becomes a purée.
- Cook the blueberries and mash them with a spoon until a dark red liquid is formed, add this to the pumpkin puree.
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces and place in a clean bowl together with the coconut.
- Put the eggs in the pumpkin/blueberry purée and mix until smooth.
- Add the spelt flour, cocoa powder and stevia sugar to the mixture.
- Finally, add the chocolate and coconut to the mixture and put everything in a greased cake mold.
- Place the mold in a preheated oven (356 ºF) for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with some almonds and coconut.
Tip: cook the pumpkin with some cinnamon to get a delicious flavor!
Leave a Comment