When you’re craving a warm and filling toastie, make it worth your while with this Easy Balsamic Chicken Toastie. The combination of ingredients provide a flavourful meal that is balanced to healthily satisfy a craving for a hearty lunch!
(for 2 people)
- 125g chicken breast
- 50g of goat cheese
- 50ml of balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove
- 75g of rocket leaves
- 4 drained and chopped oil packed sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 sliced red onion
- 4 slices of wholegrain bread
1. Combine vinegar and minced garlic with salt and pepper add chicken, cover and refrigerate. Marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the grill.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill for 4 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear. Remove the chicken and set aside.
4. Gently grill red onion until slightly browning around 1 minute. Slice chicken into strips.
5. Build your sandwich. Spread goat’s cheese evenly between the four slices of bread then top with sliced chicken, rocket and sun dried tomatoes.
6. Place assembled sandwiches back under the grill until cheese has melted and bread is lightly toasted (around 2 minutes each side).
7. Remove from the grill and enjoy!
Leave a Comment