I’m a sucker for chocolate, so when I saw ‘raw chocolate brownies’ on the blog of Fannetiek, I was immediately sold (picture me heavy breathing). I. Must. Make. These. And so I did! These awesome and delicious brownies only require 5 ingredients and since they’re raw, you don’t need an oven! Perfect, right?
So what do I need?
It takes you only a short trip to the market or a quick visit to the Body & Fit Shop to get the ingredients you need. Go and get the following:
Make sure all the nuts are unroasted, it’s healthier and we’re making raw chocolate brownies, after all.
Ok, got it. What do I do?
Get out your blender or food processor, it’s time to grind everything up!
- Blend the walnuts untill there is a flour-like, somewhat sticky substance left. It will still be a tiny bit chunky.
- Add the raw cacao powder, the dates (without the pits) and the salt and blend again. Watch out with the salt – I added a bit too much, so my brownies were a bit salty (still delicious though!). Check whether the mix is sticky enough, otherwise you can add some more dates.
- Now step away from the blender/food processor and chop up the almonds. You do not blend them with the rest but throw in the chunks and stir them through the mix.
- Get a small plastic box or an oven dish – you can decide for the size yourself, I had about a 15×15 box so my brownies were very thick. You can also go for a larger box and make the brownies a bit flatter. Cover the bottom and sides with baking paper.
- Put your creation in the box and make sure to really flatten every layer with a spoon. Press really hard to make it all a coherent whole. I didn’t press hard enough so my brownies sometimes fell apart when I ate them.
- Now let it sit in the freezer for an hour, and voila, there you have your raw chocolate brownies!
These delicious babies are super easy to make and the preparations don’t take up a lot of time. They are perfect as a healthy snack during the day or as a treat when your BFFF comes over for a cup of tea! Enjoy Fit Girls!
Leave a Comment