Where I was born – beautiful Indonesia – we eat warm dishes for lunch whether it is noodle soup with fish or meat balls (mie bakso) or rice with vegetables and a little bit of meat or meat substitutes such as tempeh or tofu. In The Netherlands however, I’ve been preparing sandwiches for lunch for my daughter (and myself), as it is common in this country and it’s easy to take in to school or work. But what to prepare when you want to vary in your eating habits and eat less bread? And that’s where I will share this Asian Bento Box inspired recipe with you.
Chicken Roll Bento
- 2 portions
- preparation: 15 minutes
- cooking: 13 minutes
- 200g / 7oz green beans, trimmed
- 1 Small sweet potato
- 1 Medium potato
- Olive oil, 4 tbsp
- Greek yoghurt, 2 tbsp
- Mayonnaise, 2 tbsp
- 20g / 1oz Walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 Small (red) onion
- A handful of parsley, finely chopped
- Chicken, 6 slices (or alternative)
- 6 Cherry tomatoes
- Cook the green beans in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
- Cook the potato and sweet potato in boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
- Make the potato salad. In a large bowl prepare the dressing by whisking the olive oil, yoghurt, mayonnaise, walnuts, (red) onion and parsley.
- Mix in the potato and sweet potato. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap the green beans tightly in a slice of chicken (or alternative).
- Gently cut the roll into 2 pieces with a sharp knife.
- Repeat the process until you have used all the chicken (or alternative) slices.
In your lunch box arrange the potato salad, rolled chicken (or alternative) and cherry tomatoes.
Fit Mom Cynthia’s Chicken Roll Bento – also suitable for mealprepping.
Follow me on Instagram for more inspiration and from me to you:
Enjoy Your Meal / Eet Smakelijk / Bon Appétit / Selamat Makan / Njang Swietie / Itadakimasu / Tom Ka Kung
Leave a Comment