You probably noticed it already, but for the sake of it: IT’S ASPARAGUS SEASON! Asides from green asparagus, you will also find the white variation at the supermarket. Naturally, you can always make them the old fashioned way with a creamy cheese sauce, butter, egg, some potatoes and ham. Delicious (obviously), but nonetheless not the healthiest… But fear not! I have found a healthy and super easy recipe that’s just as tasty!
For this recipe you will only need a few ingredients: green or white asparagus, an egg and cottage cheese. Did you know? Asparagus are rich in fibre, vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C, E and K. They’re also packed with minerals, potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc and phosphorus. For this and so many more reasons, asparagus made it to the top of my superfoods list and a #1 for a balanced nutrition.
Ingredients (1 portion)
- 1 egg
- 100g cottage cheese
- 350g asparagus
- lemon juice
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Boil the egg for about 5 minutes (depending on how soft you want it to be).
- Meanwhile, cut the (hard) ends of the asparagus. If you use white asparagus, you’ll also have to peel them.
- Season the asparagus with some salt, pepper, garlic powder and lemon juice.
- Grill for about 5 minutes in a griddle pan (white asparagus take a little longer).
- Serve the asparagus on a plate. Cut the boiled egg and put it on top of the asparagus. Finish it with the cottage cheese and add the salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy this delicious spring meal!
For more healthy and delicious recipes check out my bog www.inlovewithhealth.nl
Leave a Comment