Who doesn’t like baking in the weekend?! So to help you, I started my own little bakery in my kitchen and made this delicious healthy brownie with…Sweet potatoes! I can imagine you’d rather associate a brownie with chocolate than a potato. However chocolate is rather unhealthy for us, and you’ll be surprised how this potato can almost make the brownie taste as good as the double chocolate starbucks brownie. Yup!
So, why do I use the sweet potato? Aren’t potatoes a no-go? Well, this potato is an exception! The sweet potato is a source of vitamin A, B6, C, Beta-carotene, iron and calcium. In addition, it has little impact on your blood glucose level, which means you’ll feel satiated for a longer period of time. Exchange the normal potato for the sweet variant and your body will be so thankful!
What you need for approximately 8 pieces:
How to make it:
– Boil some water, peal the sweet potato and cook for 15 minutes (until it is soft). Let the potato cool down (you could do this by putting it in cold water).
– Heat the oven at 180 degrees. Put the dates in the food processor just as long until it becomes a soft paste. Then add the potato, raw cocoa and vanilla extract.
– Mix the buckwheat and the baking powder in a different bowl with a pinch of salt. Add the chocolate mixture and bled everything.
– Place the baking paper on a small casserole; pour the mixture in the casserole and place in the oven for about 30 minutes.
– When the 30 minutes have passed, pierce a sate stick in the brownie to see if it is ready. If the sate stick comes out clean, the brownie is ready.
Leave a Comment