Pizza is definitely one of my top three guilty pleasures. With a minimum of 1000 kcal and all those saturated fats, it is not particularly healthy. That’s why there is a cauliflower pizza; A wonderful and skinny variant with many, many vegetables.
Like I said earlier, the upcoming months I will post more healthy pizza varieties, as I don’t think I am the only one who considers pizza as a guilty pleasure. This healthy version has a bottom made of cauliflower. The cauliflower will become nice and crispy when you bake it in the oven, just like a ‘real’ pizza. As a topping, choose your favourite vegetables for toppings.
A responsible and delicious meal, that will taste exactly like the ‘original’ pizza.
What you need:
– 1 big cauliflower
– 1 egg
– 1 bell pepper
– 100 gr. cherry tomatoes
– 1 red onion
– 150 gr. cottage cheese
– Fresh tomato sauce
– Fresh basil
– Salt, pepper & oregano
How to make it:
– Pre-heat the oven at a 170 degrees. Cut the cauliflower in small parts and cook them in water for about 8 minutes, until they’re ready. Let all the water drip off the cauliflower, make sure it’s dry. Then put the cauliflower in a food processor and mix until the cauliflower is fine powder. Then put the mixture in a kitchen towel and squeeze the towel, because a lot of water will still come out. Mix the cauliflower with the egg, some sault, pepper and oregano.
– Cover-up the baking plate with baking powder and a little olive oil and spread the mixture equally over the baking plate. Make sure that it becomes a thin and equal layer. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
– While the cauliflower crust is getting ready in the oven, you can cut your favourite vegetables the way you’d like them.
– Season the tomato sauce with oregano, salt and pepper.
– Take the cauliflower crust out of the oven and spread the tomato sauce over the crust. Then sprinkle your favourite vegetables over the pizza, add some cottage cheese and last but not least, the basil.
– Bake the pizza in the oven for 10 more minutes.
Enjoy and see you next week!
Leave a Comment