Are you guys also fed up with the to-go salads from the grocery store? I really prefer to make my own salads so I at least know what kind of ingredients are in there! I’m really happy to share this recipe for a healthy egg salad from (sports)model Elze-Mieke, it’s finger-licking good! No additives, a smooth, light taste and delicious on a slice of bread for lunch or a snack. Are you Fit Girls going to try it out?
Healthy egg salad with avocado
- 2 slices of bread of your choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 branches of fresh dill
- ½ celery
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp apple vinegar
- 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- black pepper
- Himalayan salt
- Boil the eggs for 7 minutes to ensure they are fully hard boiled eggs.
- In the meantime, roast the sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a small frying pan. They are done when the sunflower seeds turn light brown. Put them on a plate to cool down.
- Remove the eggs from the stove, peel the shell off, cut into pieces and let it cool down on a plate. It is important that they have really cooled down before you put them in the salad as hot eggs with the rest of the ingredients does not taste very good.
- Peel the avocado and cut it in pieces.
- Cut the fresh dill in little pieces.
- Cut the celery in little pieces.
- Put the eggs, avocado, dill, celery, mayonnaise, cider vinegar, Greek yoghurt, pepper and salt in a glass bowl.
- Take two slices of bread and put a good amount of salad on it. I always choose for a hearty bread filled with seeds from the bakery.
- Garnish it with some alfalfa, arugula, cress, roasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds, dried flowers, black pepper and Himalayan salt.
The toppings are optional, you can choose whatever you like, but I love these simply because it looks pretty!
Take a look at www.elze-mieke.com for more delicious recipes.
Leave a Comment