We all love hamburgers!
Sometimes I have these days when I just want to take a big bite into a juicy burger. My burger cravings come with everything you can wish for at that moment: bacon, egg, cheddar, onions and a nice sauce. My only problem is the feeling after eating a burger like this one. It doesn’t make me feel good or satisfied with my craving, instead, I feel guilty and bloated.
This is why I have resorted to eating my self-made (healthy!) version of a hamburger, which I prefer by far. I make them from skinny minced beef and instead of using hamburger buns, I use portobello mushrooms. To top it off , I add onions, pickles and homemade ketchup — with this recipe you’ll be good to enjoy a super duper yummy GUILT-FREE burger!
Ingredients (1 person)
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 150 g skinny minced meat
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 2 pickles
- Salt, pepper & garlic herbs
- 2 tomatoes
- 50 g tomato puree
- 1 tsp oregano
How you make it
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees Celsius. Cover a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- Place the portobello mushrooms onto the baking tray with the convex side up. Sprinkle with coconut oil and some salt and pepper. Bake for about 15 minutes in the oven.
- Mix the meat with some salt, pepper and garlic herbs. Make two pretty burgers of the meat. Cut the onions into rings.
- Bake the burgers with the onion rings in a frying pan with some coconut oil.
- Dice the two tomatoes for the sauce. Place into a pan along with the tomato puree and oregano until you get a nice sauce.
- In the meantime, remove the Portobello mushrooms from the oven once they 15 mins. are done.
- It’s time to build your burger now! Place two portobello mushrooms on a plate with the convex side down. Top it with the lettuce, burgers, tomato sauce, fresh slices of tomato, pickles and onion rings. Place the two remaining portobello mushrooms on top and your healthy burger is ready to eat!
Bon appetit Fit Girls! And remember to share your own version of a healthy hamburger with the hashtag #FITGIRLCODE or @fitgirlcode! 🙂 For even more delicious and healthy recipes follow my Blog, Facebook and Instagram.
Leave a Comment