A rich experience of flavor in my food from breakfast to dinner is very important to me. I like to start the day with a good, energizing and tasty breakfast. It helps me to eat less sweets during the day. One of my favorite breakfasts is this oriental oatmeal with coconut milk and ginger syrup. While eating this breakfast, for a moment you find yourself in a tropical paradise and early mornings will be easier for you 😉
What do these ingredients do for the body?
This breakfast contains no milk and is very suitable for people with lactose intolerance! Coconut milk is a good milk substitute and contains good nutrients like magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and vitamins C, B and E. It also contains antioxidants that will recover damaged cells and boost your immunity. Ginger provides a stable sugar level and can prevent an insulin peak. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory function, ginger is a real miracle cure for all kinds of ailments. It has a positive effect against bloating, migraines and the flu.
- 1/2 cup or 45 grams of oatmeal
- 200 ml coconut milk (dilute with water if needed)
- A tablespoon of ginger syrup (conimex or available at a tropical shop)
- A handful of shredded coconut (body fit and shop)
- A handful of strawberries (for extra energy some Brazil nuts and/or almonds)
- Boil the coconut milk
- Add the oatmeal to the coconut milk and heat the oatmeal while stirring the oatmeal
- Meanwhile add the ginger syrup and season it with cinnamon if you need more taste
- Once the oatmeal has thickened it is ready to serve. Serve in a bowl with some shredded coconut, strawberries and possibly some nuts.
Hopefully this will soon be your daily morning treat!
Leave a Comment