Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And thus the perfect excuse to take the waffle iron out and make some delicious waffles! And thanks to Elze-Mieke we don’t have to feel guilty about it either, because these healthy spelt waffles are super healthy and finger-licking good! Who’s gonna try them out?
Ingredients (3 waffles):
- 4 tbsp spelt flour
- 1½ tbsp coconut blossom sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of almond milk
- pinch cinnamon
- coconut oil (cold pressed) or vegan margarine
- 2 free-range eggs
Are you vegan? Replace the eggs for a large banana.
- Turn the waffle iron on.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and it mix together to form a batter.
- Once your waffle iron has heated up to the right temperature, grease it with some coconut oil or margarine.
- Pour some of your batter into the mould. Watch out not to overfill it, because it will ooze out when you close it.
- I ate the waffles with some fresh fruit, coconut yoghurt, agave syrup and roasted almonds. Do you also fancy eating them with roasted almonds? Toast your almonds in a pan on low heat while the waffles are cooking.
Leave a Comment