- Say YES to whole foods: Whole foods are foods that haven’t been screwed up. They do not come in a plastic bag. We mean the foods that come straight from the tree, ground etc.: whole fruits and vegetables, whole grains, grass-fed and free-range meats, low fat dairy products, unsalted nuts, and seeds.
- Processed foods is bad for you: Processed foods are any foods that have a label and loads of E numbers! If you see that the label has more than one ingredient, it’s not the food for you. You can eat some processed foods like whole grain pasta or natural cheeses, but remember this; if you can’t pronounce an ingredient on a label, maybe you should not be buying it.
- Sugar is poison. Refined sugar is 100% calories. Other sweeteners can be used, but we are not going to beat around the bush, sugar has very little place in the eating clean plan.
- Eat small meals. By eating more (five or six) smaller meals throughout the day you can help jump-start your metabolism and keep the motor running the whole day. It will reduce the chance that you’ll eat some junk crap food rather than that whole grain cracker with nut butter and strawberries. Keeping yourself from feeling hungry (or the anger version hungry) and you will never feel like cheating.
- Protein and carbs are bff’s. Balance protein and carbs when you eat/snack. You will be so be less tempted to eat junk food, combine protein with carbs or carbs and fat. This simple act will fuel your body and quash hunger pangs.
- Cook woman! Stop buying meals prepared by others. You don’t know what’s in them. And before you say; I can’t cook, it’s really not as hard as it sounds. Cooking for yourself is much more satisfying, your family will love you for it!
Leave a Comment