So I would consider myself a avocado lover. I can eat it every day, and I’m dead serious when i say EVERY day. I can have it on my bread, in my salad, in my smoothie, on my face. On my face? Yes, avocado makes an excellent face mask!
Avocado face mask
When I was a little girl I always remembered my mother making an avocado mask and smearing it on her face. I always thought: why would you put something on your face that belongs on your bread? But avocado also deeply hydrates and nourishes the skin without causing irritation and it’s ideal for removing make up. It’s a good source of Vitamin E and C which acts as antioxidants by protecting the skin cells against free radical damage. It also builds collagen which keeps your skin strong and elastic.
Here’s how to make a simple avocado face mask(You can use this avocado mask once a week):
- Remove the pit and scoop it out
- Mash into a fine paste with a fork
- Wash your face and make sure it’s dry
- Apply the mashed pulp on your face and leave it on for 10 minutes
- Rinse withe lukewarm water
And since we’re at it. Here’s another awesome recipe for another “delicious” facial mask: Avocado face mask with yogurt and green tea
- Grate the tea till to becomes a powder
- Mash the avocado and mix it with the powder
- Put it in a fine strainer and scald it with hot water
- Add the yogurt
- Apply to the face avoiding the eye area and leave it on for 15 minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water
Now when you look up pictures on the internet for avocado facial mask you find these kind of pictures…
FORGET IT, that is not how it looks in real life. So don’t worry if your mask doesn’t look like the above. This is how a REAL avocado mask looks like…
Now, go enjoy your masks and let me know what you think of it, or holler if you have some tips for me!
Leave a Comment