What doesn’t challenge you doesn’t change you…that was probably what I was thinking one month ago, when I agreed to this challenge! 😉 And not only that, also because I still haven’t completely unlocked my personal code for a healthy lifestyle.
In the work-out department I score like an 8, hitting the gym four times a week and challenging myself to reach a new level of soreness after every work-out. haha 😀 . But in the food department I score like a 5 and sometimes a 6. Like so many Fit Girls I’m also still searching for the best nutrition for my body ever since working out became part of my lifestyle. So hopefully after this challenge I will be closer in unlocking my personal code for my healthy lifestyle…
Dare 2 Challenge
So it’s very simple… there are 5 CONDITIONS and 2 RULES. You only need a pretty large doses of self-control or a full-time support system. 😉 The followings drinks and food are off limit:
- Soft and fruits drinks (also try to stay away from any light versions, since they contain other substances of sweetness)
- Snacks (chocolate, candy, chips, cupcakes, pie etc.)
- Sugar (read more about “how to eat less sugar” in the article of Fit Girl Lisanne)
- Greasy and fast food
And you need to keep yourself to the following 2 rules:
- One cheat day a week (and don’t go flamingo-crazy there, a cheat day could also mean a dinner in a restaurant or one healthy snack)
- Time frame: 3 MONTHS (of course you can determine your own period, if one month is already enough of a challenge for you that’s also good)
Why complicate life?
Since I am determined to live a healthy lifestyle, I also need to change my food habits. Working out on a regular base alone is not sufficient and your food intake is as important as your workouts. I also realised that my body is seeking for different nutrition ever since I started working out on a regular base and therefore I am in search for a food schedule I feel comfortable with and gives me balance in this lifestyle. This does not mean I will never allow myself to eat chocolate or a hamburger again, but I am challenging myself to find healthy alternatives for these type of cravings.
I believe that because I am not aware and don’t have the knowledge yet of all these alternative healthy delicious snacks and other recipes, I continue going in circles and fall back in my old habits over and over again. I want to change that and therefore I hope this challenge will force me to make an extra effort and after 3 months will get me into my healthy habits and lifestyle 😀
Leave a Comment