We all know that moment when you finish a killer workout and your muscles are starting to feel sore straight away. Personally for me, I enjoy a nice, hot bath to relax my sore muscles but as it goes for time (and money as well), it doesn’t grow on trees…unfortunately. So integrating good nutrition and supplements into your daily diet is necessary when you’re asking the max of your muscles during a workout.
Some of the benefits when taking protein shakes:
- When taking a protein shake right after a workout it will heal the so called ‘micro-tears’ in your muscles immediately
- Increase of muscle mass and development
- Easier fat loss while it increases the amount of calories your body burns to digest it (the so called thermic effect)
- Greater strength gains from training
- Better sleep due to optimizing the chemical transmitter balance which makes us energized during the day but sleepy at night
A few months ago I decided to integrate shakes of whey protein into my daily diet. Proteins are essential when it comes to recovering and maintaining healthy and strong muscles. Over a longer period of time it helps you to gain and maintain more strength and prevents injuries due to overpressure. Since I was working out quite often at the 640 Gym it was a necessity to add protein shakes in my daily nutrition intake.
Leave a Comment