What’s a warmer welcome than coming home to a the smell of a freshly baked apple pie? Apple pie is definitely in my top 3 of most delicious pies! Obviously, enjoying a large piece of apple pie with whipped cream is not so healthy. With my healthy version of apple pie you can treat yourself and eat healthy at the same time! The crust of this pie is made of oats, quinoa and water, so 100% clean! The filling is made of apples, honey and cinnamon. Cinnamon gives the pie a natural sweetness and a wonderful authentic flavour.
This is what you need for a healthy apple pie
- 150 gram oats
- 50 gram quinoa flakes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 200 milliliter water
- 3 Elstar apples (with peel)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- lemon juice
Springform pan: 20 cm
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cover the springform pan with bakingpaper and grease the edges with some coconut oil.
- Mix the oats, quinoa flakes, salt and water in a bowl. Cover the bottom and sides of the springform pan with ¾ of the dough. Place the crust for 25 minutes in the oven.
- Cut the apple into pieces and mix it in a bowl with lemon juice, cinnamon and honey.
- When the crust is cooked you sprinkle 1 tablespoon of extra oats on top. The oats will absorb all the moisture of the apples.
- Fill the crust with the apple mixture. After this you crumble it with the leftover dough (¼).
- Put the pie in the oven for another 30 minutes.
Let it cool down and then…. Yummm. Enjoy!
Leave a Comment