Don’t send me roses, unless they are chocolate!
As a true chocoholic I obviously cannot skip these mouth-watering choco muffins. Don’t sweat it too much, as these contain cacao nibs made of 92% pure chocolate! I would be lying if I said I didn’t like milk chocolate, but with my changed lifestyle comes changed habits: so I’m going to appreciate the taste of pure chocolate and I’m going to LOVE it.
Also, when you think of cacao it is not only a delicious flavour for your recipes. Raw cacao has so many more health benefits than it gets credit for! It’s a natural source of magnesium, which is good for your bones, muscles and teeth. It also relaxes the muscles and reduces stress. Are you having a bad day and feel like your mood could use a boost? These muffins are exactly what you need! The serotonins in the raw cacao will also assure to get you in a better mood 😉
Ingredients (6 muffins)
- 200 gram almond flour
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cacao
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- cacao nibs
How you make it
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Put all of the dry ingredients (almond flour, cacao, baking powder and salt) in a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix all of the liquid ingredients (eggs, honey and vanilla extract). When this is done, add the liquid mixture to the bowl with the dry mixture. Mix well together till you get a smooth consistency.
- Fill the cupcake linings with the batter. Bake for about 35 minutes.
- For the topping, cut the avocado in big chunks and put them in a blender. Add the coconut milk, cacao powder and honey.
- Mix for 30 seconds until you get a smooth mousse. Top off your (cooled) muffins with the mousse and sprinkle them with some cacao nibs.
And there you have it! Enjoy these chocolate muffins of goodness guilt-free and to make it taste even better – put a smile on that face 🙂 Be sure to follow me on my Blog, Facebook and Instagram for more delicious and healthy recipes!
Leave a Comment