It’s time for some delicious fingerfood! This week I have made no less than some super easy and healthy fish fingers. Which even I, being not much of a fish fanatic, absolutely LOVE them!!
The frozen fish fingers from the supermarket do not define my idea of healthy food, but Oh Boy do I love them… This is why I started my quest to find a healthy version of it! This recipe was my first try, but it tasted surprisingly good so I really had to share it with you guys. You can really taste the fresh fish and the crust is nice and crispy. Add a bit of salt and squeezed lemon juice and you have a perfect, healthy and delicious meal!
P.S. Also a perfect dish for kids! No cutlery needed. They will love it 😉
So here’s what you’ll need to do:
Ingredients (1 portion)
- 150gr cod
- 1 egg
- 30g shredded coconut
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Paprika powder
- Lemon juice
For the Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbsp (0%) quark
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the cod into pieces of about 4 cm. Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika powder and dill.
- Get two plates: one with a beaten egg and the other with the shredded coconut. Then dip the pieces of fish firstly in the egg and then in the shredded coconut. Place them on a lined baking tray and sprinkle with a bit of olive oil.
- Place tray in the oven for about 10 minutes. When you’re about 5 minutes through, flip the fish fingers to bake the other side.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together. Season with salt, pepper and dill if needed.
Leave a Comment