I eat cake because it’s somebody’s birthday somewhere! 😉
Cheesecake, definitely a guilty pleasure of mine and it is so incredibly delicious. Plus, it comes in so many delicious flavors you can’t just stick to one! Because it’s such a popular cake, I couldn’t resist making a healthy version of it. This cake is very easy to make, and the taste… A beautiful mix of fresh, creamy and deliciousness!! If you want to celebrate a birthday in a healthy way, this is the perfect recipe. But who are we kidding, let’s not limit ourselves only to birthdays, it’s also a perfect dish for breakfast, lunch or as a snack (yum yum yum)!
The crust is made of a perfect combination of almond flour and cacao. Together with the fresh tangy taste of the lemon, it makes an amazing little party in your mouth! Enjoy it Fit Girls 🙂
Healthy Lemon Cheesecake
- 40g dates
- 150g almond flour
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 40g melted coconut oil
- 750g (0%) quark
- 6 sheets of gelatine
- zest of 2 lemons
- 50g blueberries
- 1 vanilla bean
- lemon slices for decorating
- Grease a cake pan with some coconut oil. Put the dates, almond flour, cacao and melted coconut oil in a food processor and mix well. Spread the mixture over the bottom of the cake pan, press firmly and put in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the quark with the lemon zest, you can also add a little bit of juice if you want to add a little sourness. Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Heat a little of the quark mixture in a saucepan and add the soaked gelatine leaves. Remove the pan from the heat and stir well. Add the rest of the quark to the pan. Remove the pits from the vanilla bean and add to the quark mixture. Mix well and pour the quark mixture over the cake crust. Sprinkle the blueberries on top.
- Lastly, put the cake in the fridge for about 2 hours. Garnish with some lemon slices.
Leave a Comment