If you think that salads are only made of veggies… You are wrong!!! Try to use fruit in your salads more often! For example this delicious salad with watermelon. It so fresh and sweet and tasty… Yum! And you only need a few ingredients to make it!
Did you know watermelon is related to the cucumber!? And watermelon… what’s in the name… consists of 95% water. Moreover, it’s not only a water bomb, but it’s also rich in iron, potassium and vitamin C. Watermelons really are great because they are low in calories and you will leave you feeling full after eating it.
HOW TO MAKE THIS HEALTHY WATERMELON SALAD
- 400 gr watermelon
- 1 tbsp almonds
- 1 red onion
- fresh mint
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ lemon (juice)
- 1 tsp olive oil
1. Cut the watermelon into cubes and put them in a bowl.
2. Cut the onion into rings and add them to the bowl.
3. Make the dressing from finely chopped mint, lemon juice, honey and olive oil.
4. Stir the dressing through the melon cubes.
5. Finish it off with some fresh mint and chopped almonds.
P.S. You can also eat the seeds! Did you know that they consist of 35% protein and are rich in vitamins and minerals!? If you’re looking for more meal ideas this week, go to www.inlovewithhealth.com for lots of healthy recipes!
Leave a Comment