Extremely excited I finally booked my holiday last week. Mmm, how I look forward to the sun, and the beach.. But, slightly panicking, I realized that it also means: bikini time! I’ve set up a last minute bikini action plan that might be helpful to you as well 🙂 !
1. Eliminate all processed foods. Most processed foods contain lots of sodium and sugar. Sodium causes water retention which can make you feel puffy and excess sugar will be stored as (belly) fat.
2. Curb those cravings and boost your metabolism by eating small portions every 2 to 3 hours. Eating small portions in stead of large ones will also help you get rid of that bloated feeling. For inspiration and tips on how and what to eat to get that flat stomach, read this article could be helpful, as well as this one.
3. Try High Intensity Interval Training; HIIT helps to decrease body fat percentage in a shorter period of time than traditional cardio training methods.
4. Drink water, water and again, water; no fizzy drinks, alcohol or coffee. Drinking water will help you flush out excess fluid. Also make sure you eat veggies that are high in water content, like cucumbers and celery, and potassium rich foods, like bananas and avocado; potassium helps your body to excrete water.
5. Take a day off to do some serious grooming: wax, exfoliate, try a fake tan and get a pedicure; these little things can help boost your confidence. Oh, and I also like to invest in a good waterproof mascara 😉 .
6. Do some squats, push ups and planking right before you hit the beach; this will give your muscles a slight pump effect and will make them look more defined.
7. Shoulders back, chin up, smile! Posture is important, so is your attitude. Wear that bikini with pride girl, you look good!
What are your tips to become bikini ready?
Leave a Comment