Fall has officially arrived and it is getting super COLD outside! We need to treat our bodies well to help our immune system fight viruses, and to fuel our bodies with energy. I created a recipe for #FITGIRLCODE with lots of vitamins and nutrients to give you the energy you need. This sweet green tea berry pudding is super easy and yummy! It tastes like summer, but has the health benefits we need during winter time.
You’ve probably heard of the health benefits of green tea. It’s packed with flavonoids, which are thought to help prevent cardiovascular disease and even certain cancers, because of their anti-oxidative function. Combined with the berries, full of vitamin C and more anti-oxidants, your body is off to a great start.
These are the ingredients:
4 green tea bags
200ml hot boiled water
200ml Greek yoghurt 0% fat
4 tbs stevia powder
4 gelatine leaves or agar agar
200 mg of your favorite berries (frozen or fresh: I used frozen raspberries and blackberries)
Step 1: Prepping:
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes
- Soak the green tea bags in 200 ml boiled water for 5 minutes (make a very strong tea!)
- Cook the berries slowly in a small cooking pan for 5 minutes. Mash them up into a puree. Optional: use a mixer for a smooth puree
Step 2: Assembling:
- Squeeze out gelatine leaves. Mix with stevia and hot green tea
- Add the berries. Let this mixture cool off for a minute. Slowly add yogurt and mix well.
- Divide into cups or fancy glasses. Cool overnight.
- Optional: top them with pretty pieces of fruit, your favorite mixed nuts or some extra yoghurt to make them extra pretty!
That’s it! Its such an easy and healthy recipe. These puddings are great for dessert or snack. Are you gonna try them?
Leave a Comment