It’s already june and that means… SUMMER IS STARTING!!! Whoohoo! I guess a lot of you are busy with getting that summer proof, healthy body. I will help you guys with this delicious and nutritious spicy summer pasta. Pasta made from zucchini is my favourite. The taste is neutral so you can really make any variation of pasta dish that you like with it. One tip for make zucchini pasta (or any other kind of veggie pasta) buy a spiralizer! It turns your veggie of choice into perfect spaghetti-like strings.
This delicious scampi pasta is perfect for long warm days. The spice of the cayenne pepper, the freshness of the lemon and the sweetness of the lovely scampi… Perfect!! You can also make this dish when you are having a barbecue. Make skewers of the scampi and serve the pasta separately. You can even serve it cold as a salad. So, what better way to start your summer? Enjoy!
How to make this healthy spicy scampi and zucchini pasta
Ingredients (makes 1 portion)
- 1 zucchini
- 150 gr scampi
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cm ginger
- 1 lemon
- 2 spring onions
- fresh parsley
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Cut the zucchini into strings. Use a spiralizer or a mandolin or cheese slicer.
2. Heat some coconut oil in a wok. Cut the garlic and ginger and add them to the wok.
3. Add the scampi and season with curry and cayenne pepper. If you like extra spicy you can add more cayenne pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes until the scampi is cooked.
4. Cut the spring onions and add them to the wok with some lemon juice. Add the zucchini strings and bake for about 1 minute so they are warmed up a bit.
5. Finely chop the parsley and add them to your pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Leave a Comment