Sometimes all a Fit Girl needs is pie. Lots of it and preferably healthy as well. And yes, of course it has to look stunning, you have to impress your Instagram followers after all! 😉 So here it is: Vegan Blueberry Yoghurt pie! This pie is not only gorgeous, it’s also low in fat and very delicious. Besides that this piece of beauty is easy to make. Perfect for every kind of occasion: breakfast, birthday party, high tea with friends or just a delicious comforting snack. This. is. it.
The base is made of almond flour, dates and gingerbread spices. This is the perfect combination for a base that’s sticky, but tastes like shortbread at the same time. The best dates for this base are the big smudgy medjoul dates, but other dates work perfectly fine as well. Almond flour is also easy to make by placing a few cups of almond in your food processor.
The yoghurt layer is made of (sugar free) soy yoghurt. The blueberries gave this pie it’s gorgeous purple color. You could also make this pie with any other kind of fruit, I already made this pie with strawberries and mango as well. All of these pies were very delicious. So, let’s get started!
(makes 1 pie/8 portions)
About 10 minutes + 1 – 2 hours of waiting (the longer, the better)
– Cake pan of 20 – 25 cm diameter (or a few smaller cake pans)
– Cups-set or tea cup (an average tea cup is equal to 1 cup)
– Strong blender or food processor
– One package soy yoghurt (500 gr.)
– 200 gr./2 cups blueberries
– About 15 – 20 dates (depends on size)
– 1 cup almond flour (or 2 cups almonds and ground it by yourself)
– 2 packages agar agar (4 grams in total)
– 1/2 cup water
– 1/3 cup maple syrup (not on the photo)
– 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
– 1 tbsp gingerbread spices
Start with making the base. Place the almond flour, dates and gingerbread spices in your food processor or blender and mix until it becomes a sticky, but crumbly kind of dough. (it’s very delicious!!)
- Place the dough in the cake pan and divide equally.
- Now start to mix the soy yoghurt with the blueberries, maple syrup and pure vanilla. Leave it in the blender while you continue with the next step.
- Place the water in the saucepan, together with the agar agar. Place it on the stove and stir until the substance starts to boil. Turn off the stove.
- Add the blueberry yoghurt into the agar agar substance and firmly stir this all together until it’s mixed well.
- Pour the yoghurt mixture into the cake pan and place it in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour.
- Garnish the pie before serving it. It will make the pie even look more gorgeous! Just use some berries, nuts, dark chocolate or other toppings. Be creative!
I’m really curious about your creations! When you make this pie, please share your creations by tagging me in your photo: @lottadenktbreed
Leave a Comment