I always find it really odd when people say that they find it difficult to cook. I mean, it’s not like it’s rocket science or anything? Of course there are different levels to how ‘culinary’ or fancy a dish is, but everyone should still be able to put together an easy supper for themselves. I’m not exactly a kitchen princess, but usually I just throw everything together that I like. Sometimes the combination ends up being magical, other times I would not even feed it to my cat. Anyway, recently I once again had a magical combination, which I wanna share with you. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I did!
The recipe for this vegetarian stir fry is for six people, but if you make it with someone else (partner or BFFF), you’ll both also have two prepped dinners for upcoming days.
- 75 grams quinoa
- 75 grams brown rice
- 200 grams pumpkin cubes (I recommend frozen pumpkin cubes)
- 160 grams lentils (can)
- 160 grams corn (can)
- 150 grams cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bag of stir fried vegetables with mushrooms
- 360 grams spicy seasoned tofu (cubes)
- 100 grams feta cheese
- fresh spinach leaves (amount to taste)
- hand full of pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- pepper, salt, garlic (2 cloves), pepper powder
- Cut all ingredients in small chunks / pieces so that they are easy to stir-fry
- Cook the quinoa as directed on the package and add a vegetable stock cube for flavor.
- Fry the diced zucchini along with the cloves of garlic. After about two minutes, add the stir fry vegetables with mushrooms.
- Add the (frozen) pumpkin cubes to the ingredients above, as soon as these have shrunken a bit in the wok.
- Add the lentils and corn to the vegetables once the pumpkin is a little softer. Season with pepper, salt and paprika.
- Bake the tofu in a separate pan and add the rice / quinoa once it’s cooked.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes to the vegetables in the wok.
- Now take a big salad bowl and add the vegetables, rice with tofu and stir everything together well.
- Cut the feta into small pieces and mix it together with the fresh spinach into the rice and vegetables.
- Garnish with sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
If this isn’t a royal meal, I don’t know what is! At least you don’t have to think about food prepping the next two days. Plus, your body will probably get a vitamin overdose because of all the veggies in this meal. If you have a magical combination that exceeds the one above, please share it in the comments below. I’m not afraid of a little healthy competition;)
FYI: If you feel like soup this week, this creamy carrot pumpkin soup is highly recommended!
Leave a Comment