We all know that the holiday season can be pretty stressful, right? Well, there is a way to get you more zen during these busy weeks; yoga! Did you know that we carry a lot of tension and emotions in our hips? That is why I created an easy yoga flow for you, focussing on the legs and the hips. If you feel the stress is getting to you, try this flow and you will feel better in no time.
Oh and btw, as the weather was gorgeous when I wanted to shoot these pictures, I couldn’t resist going outside. Yoga can be done anywhere, and that’s exactly why yoga is a great solution to relieve some stress 🙂
SO, LET’S START THIS YOGA FLOW TO GET YOU ZEN!
Hold every position for 2 to 8 deep breaths, depending on how much time you have. We are going to start the standing positions with the right leg; after you’ve finished the sequence with your right leg, repeat it but this time with the left leg.
1. Start in a sitting position; knees, lower legs and ankles are together, sit back on your heels. Press your shoulders lightly together and keep your back straight.
2. Stretch your arms forward, come onto your hands and knees, and push your hips to the sky, straightening the legs. Keep your back straight, open more by pulling your chest towards your legs. Your head is between your arms, your heels are pressing towards the ground.
3. Step your right foot in between your hands, bend your right knee and come into a deep lunge position. Drop your left heel, straighten your left leg and open your hips to the side as you press yourself up. Reach the arms away from each other, gaze out over your front fingertips. For the next poses it is important to keep the knee above the ankle. Gaze up at the sky.
4. Flip your left arm to the sky, your right arm to the ground, as you lower your upper body. Try to touch the ground with your fingertips. Don’t dump into the hips, but squeeze your core and try to lift yourself up.
5. Lift yourself up and place your right arm on your right upper leg. Don’t dump into the shoulder, or put your weight fully on your leg, but keep yourself lifted and light.
6. If you can, make a bind by slipping your right arm underneath your right upper leg, and your left arm behind your back. Lock your hands, open your chest and again, stay light and lifted.
7. Unwind, press your right leg straight and place your right hand on your right shin, stretching the left hand towards the sky. The left shoulders stacks on top of the right one as you open your chest.
8. Step your left leg in, feet together. Lock your hands behind your back, press them away from you as you open up your chest.
9. Grab your right foot and place it on the inside of your left leg. Press your foot into your thigh, and your knee away from you to really open up the hips. Look up and stretch your arms towards the sky.
10. Those were the standing poses on the right side. Now we’re going to repeat everything on the left side. From this standing position, walk your hands forward, keep your legs straight and come into downward facing dog.
Leave a Comment